- Outside cast will be restored but retain all its unique and original cast and moulding imperfections
- Your victorian cast iron roll top bath, our expert restoration
- Full range of exterior Dulux Satinwood ‘Heritage’ colours or your own colour choice. We recommend oil based paints
- Full restoration or internal only
- Also offer flat top baths and panelled bath restoration service
- Highly competitive
- Nationwide door-to-door collection and return – to be confirmed
- Overseas deliveries to be discussed
Roll Top Bath Restoration
Charges for our bath restorations will be incurring a slight increase as of the 4th January 2022.
Future and prospective customers considering this process with us and booking prior to this date for collection and commencement before 1st March 2022, will have the old charges honoured.
Do you own an original cast iron roll top bath that needs restoration? Our expert craftsmen will ensure a superb restoration. Due to the exhaustive process, it has to take place on site at our Ivybridge workshops and takes four weeks minimum.
For clarification on charges and delivery, please feel free to give us a call to discuss.
The exterior of the bath and feet are stripped to bare metal to remove the existing paint and any rust deposits.
A metal primer is applied to the exterior surface of the bath and feet.
The interior of the bath is etched providing a key for the primer in the original vitreous enamel.
Imperfections in the baths’ surface are repaired and any modifications, such as the relocation of tap holes, are carried out.
An epoxy primer is applied and then left to cure for 48 hours.
The primer finish is prepared for the special mid coat.
The mid coat is applied and then left to cure for 48 hours.
The mid coat is prepared in readiness for the topcoat.
The polyurethane-based enamel topcoat is applied and left to cure for a further 48 hours.
The enamel is now hand sanded and mechanically polished to give a smooth and high glossed finish.
The exterior of the bath can then be completed with another coat of metal primer and, if required, two coats of a colour of your choice. (with 24 hours between coats). We recommend Dulux Satin Wood, (oil based).
The bath is now waxed and wrapped in readiness for delivery, or for you to collect.